Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

An Introduction to a New Mindset

"Change your thoughts, change your world"


Have you ever looked in the mirror and didn't recognize your own reflection?
Have you ever wanted something so badly that it consumed you and that was all you ever thought about?

Well, I'm dealing with those feelings right now. You see, I'm actually frustrated by my reflection at times. I look in the mirror and I don't see ME...well, at least not the me I think I should be.
I get frustrated because all I think about are my goals and aspirations. The things I want most in life. I think and dream about the legacy I will leave. It consumes me. But, I don't see it happening. I mean, not even a few things. That's very disheartening most days. Not the best way to go through life.
Well, somethings gotta give!
I think I've finally realized what it is = A change in how I think. A change, certainly, in how I perceive the world, and essentially how I perceive myself! Essentially while I see great things for myself and daydream consistently about HER, I do not have the faith behind those thoughts and visions to make them come to fruition. I'm in desperate need of a mindset makeover. But, I don't need to just change the way I think, I need to be able to maintain a healthy view. I need to change the lenses on my scope of life and maintain those adjustments for the rest of my life as needed. I need to be able to manage the adjustments that are made and begin to move forward and toward my destiny. A mindset management if you will.

Thus, my journey begins.

No longer will I settle for the standard view of mediocre living and an attitude of just getting by. No longer will just waking up each day be a sufficient function of my life. Now when I arise each morning it will be with purpose. I want to be HER. The me I want to be...the me I should be! Each day is another chance to make strides to changing my view of self; it's another chance to change my situation and circumstances. It can't be too late to work toward building a life that will leave a sufficient legacy for my heir.

There are a few areas by which change needs to be made. My journey will be to consistently work on each area simultaneously. I mean, it's hard to work on one aspect and it not affect another at some point. I'll try to be conscious and careful not to "do too much" as I am often accused. I don't wish to lose sight of who I am. Wait...  guess I need to start there first right? I mean... WHO AM I? Oh my goodness! This is going to be much harder than I'd thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment