Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

2016 No Expectations

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Thank Almighty God that we have crossed over into a new calendar safely and full of potential.
While the number sixteen is a bit more difficult to attach a cute rhyme or silly cliche' to, it still seems to be a year full of potential and possibility for all who will believe.
I must admit... I do not have any great expectation for this year. Nope....not a one. It seems that each year as I make a great "to do" list and try my hardest to plan for so many wonderful things to happen, that they just simply do not. I have gotten out of the habit of creating resolutions. For me they've never really changed anything or motivated me enough to make necessary changes in my life. For various and sometimes complicated reasons, many out of my control, I am never really able to "catch up" the way I've always wanted and hoped to each year.
So this year things are different. I have no expectations. I am taking a risk and a gamble hoping that some wonderful things may finally occur for me. Yet, that will not stop me from planning ahead. I look into this year with a new sense of hope. I will finally begin to walk into the me I truly wish to be.
A bit confusing, I'm sure... but stay with me.
This year I am taking a new approach to my own personal and professional development. I am on a new journey! I am excited to learn new things about myself and see where I can go with all that I learn. I hope to chronicle all that I experience and learn through this updated blog exercise.
HERE'S WHAT I'M THINKING/PLANNING:

*I am going to regularly be blogging about several various aspects of my life and the lessons I'm learning along the way. Through financial empowerment, health management, relationship goals, furthering my education, and single motherhood I will continue on the journey I've started a while back in an attempt to become a better me so that I can finally become the "HER" I dream about.

*A new endeavor and creative initiative that I've been dreaming about for at least a year is now being pushed as a primary achievement in my life. What that means is that the dream I've been dreaming which encompasses my true passions and desires will now become something that I devote a significant part of my daily life and journey to. I am thrilled to introduce #QueenStatus and hope to impact and empress through it.

*I've stumbled across several "challenges" that interest me. I am list lady (as if you couldn't tell) and I love to try new things. Through several blogs and challenge posts I will be attempting some very new and exciting things, many of which I've always wanted to try (hence the 30 Things List), or have recently developed an acute interest in, including "216 Things to Do in 2016". I have extremely excited about each.

This is the longest entry ever, and I'm sure I've been redundant at points and probably was typing too fast to even make any sense, but if you stick with me, I promise, as I gain knowledge and experience while on this journey I plan on sharing it all (or as much of it in detail as I can) with you so that you may benefit and learn along with me.

Thank you for joining me on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment