Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Today marks an official week since my new year's begun. I must admit that I did not start the way I'd hoped, but then again, who really does? Something always throws me off and I'm challenged to motivate myself to continue on. I thought that by not having any specific expectations for this year that that wouldn't matter and things would simply have a flow to them. I was hoping for a new job, some money in the bank, security for my kid in private school, better health, a loving and lasting relationship, and support from people all around me in my future endeavors. I mean, we're almost into February already! Come on! Okay, I'll admit the loftiness and fairy tale tone (kind of dramatic I know) of my wish list, but I did expect a little bit more by now. 

This is why my own personal new year is so important me.

I see it as an official beginning. And, while immaturely not having any expectation for the year seemed nice and doable, it's not my habit, nor realistic. It's also not the most positive and optimistic way of viewing a year at all. Without any expectation you let anything go/happen. And I simply can't allow that either. While I do not specifically know how I wish for things to happen this year, I do still have a wonderful list of things I'd love to accomplish. I do still expect a few great things per the aforementioned wish list. Without any expectation you fail to set goals; without a goal in mind you fail to plan for anything; without a proper plan or at least an attempt to such, you fail at succeeding at much of anything. I can't settle for being a complete loser. No...not me...not at all.

Okay, so that means I must change my outlook completely.

While I don't have specific expectations for what I wish to happen this year, I am certain of what would make me happy and feel fulfilled through certain endeavors and experiences.

Stay tuned for details concerning my wish list!


No comments:

Post a Comment